Author Topic: A moment of AWWWWWW!  (Read 261 times)

Offline ElectricWhite

• Science Ninja
  • Fennec Wrangler
A moment of AWWWWWW!
« on: January 03, 2017, 14:43:39 CST »
Gotta have some wuvin

Of course, one must remember that foxes are wild animals. Even though there are lots of videos of adorable encounters with the critters, there is a great risk of things ending badly.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2017, 14:47:52 CST by ElectricWhite »
I'm only half evil.

Offline GrumpyGhostOwl

• Animal Behaviour Ninja
Re: A moment of AWWWWWW!
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2017, 17:41:20 CST »
Of course, one must remember that foxes are wild animals. Even though there are lots of videos of adorable encounters with the critters, there is a great risk of things ending badly.

So very true. From the collar lying beside the handler on the floor, however, I'd say this particular individual has been conditioned or even hand raised. I'd also hazard a guess and say that the handler has been conditioned to tolerate carnivore-breath!  ;)

I tend not to cuddle my predators but I still have fun with them. This was taken on a hot summer's day a few years back. When you give a bird with a six-foot wingspan a bath, you can guess what happens to the water. I ended up about as wet as Gracie did, but given that it was about a hundred degrees in the shade, and I'd just done the afternoon flight display in full sun, I didn't mind.

Never trust an atom.
They make up everything.

Offline ElectricWhite

• Science Ninja
  • Fennec Wrangler
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2017, 09:54:52 CST »
And just when you thought it was safe...

I'm only half evil.

Offline GrumpyGhostOwl

• Animal Behaviour Ninja
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2017, 18:05:04 CST »
Cute :) 

This, btw, is the "cute and cuddly ghost owl" image that Gatchamania wouldn't upload:
Never trust an atom.
They make up everything.