Author Topic: The Easter Bunny.  (Read 278 times)

Offline Ebonyswanne

The Easter Bunny.
« on: April 15, 2017, 00:44:05 CDT »
We were out at the park today and had a friendly bunny drop by. My twins were over the moon with excitement since tomorrow is Easter egg hunts and chocolate galore. I was told the bunny was there to scope the area to hide all the eggs. Love how kids see things.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2017, 07:35:50 CDT by Ebonyswanne »
Learn  the rules like a pro, and break them like an artist- Picasso

Offline GrumpyGhostOwl

• Animal Behaviour Ninja
Re: The Easter Bunny.
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2017, 04:35:57 CDT »
My first Barn Owl had a thing for rabbits. She loved eating them and when I bought her a pink fluffy bunny for Easter one year, it became her favourite toy. We used it as her 'motivation' when she got a part in a Japanese documentary about Honey Possums (she played the villain.) The director's name was Jun and he didn't speak a word of English, but Shadow seemed to understand every word he said and did everything he asked of her, if the smiles and thumbs-up gestures from Jun-san were anything to go by. The cameraman wasn't quite as pleased, since the shot called for the predator to attack to camera, so the poor man had eight wicked scimitar-curved talons whispering over his head every time there was a shot while the mad animal trainer stood over him waving a pink fluffy bunny. He earned his pay that day!
Never trust an atom.
They make up everything.

Offline KT1972

• Science Ninja
  • 100% Condor Girl
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2017, 05:03:38 CDT »
Dawww :)
Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not; remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for. - Epicurus

Offline GrumpyGhostOwl

• Animal Behaviour Ninja
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2017, 19:40:34 CDT »
The hungry hordes... (most of these birds have since been released.)
Never trust an atom.
They make up everything.

Offline Ebonyswanne

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2017, 04:08:34 CDT »
We don't have owl problems here, its a wonder the rabbit has survived cats. PC would have brought it home. (Last cat.)

My last cat who passed away 5 years ago was a hunter. Condor kitty, a real survivor, cast iron liver and stomach. In 17yrs he had only three visits to the vet, one to lose his male hood parts, another cause of a cat fight, he got hurt, and the last to leave home for cat heaven.
 He was born country cat, so he was a tough grey moggy. He'd hunt, kept losing his bells... couldn't understand being a city cat.

My current white cats are spoilt city Turkish angora's, pure breeds, and wouldn't know how to hunt. Fortunately, the birds have head start when they have a few hours outdoors.
Learn  the rules like a pro, and break them like an artist- Picasso