Author Topic: SPECTRUM IS EVIL!!!  (Read 547 times)

Offline ElectricWhite

• Science Ninja
  • Fennec Wrangler
SPECTRUM IS EVIL!!!
« on: August 16, 2017, 19:50:43 CDT »
For the past few months, ads like this have been airing on TV:

I'll admit that I got a laugh out of these ads (even though I subscribe to Dish Network) -- heck, I wish I could have thought of the mad scientist bit for the interactive fic I did with GGO! But, as of midnight this past Tuesday, Spectrum TV have shown that they are the evil ones! No, make that EEEEEEEEEEEEVIIIIIILE!

Here's what happened: Monday night I was watching The Late Show With Stephen Colbert. An interview with Anthony Scaramucci (Donald Trump's press secretary for 10 days) had just begun.

"So," Stephen said, "why do you think the president took two days to condemn the white supremacists after the violence in Charlottesville?"

Midnight struck. The screen went black and the words "scrambled program" appeared.

Spectrum started scrambling the signal for everyone who didn't have a new box. The nursing home I'm currently in did get the new boxes for every TV, but they weren't installed because Spectrum never sent the remote controllers that work with the boxes.

As I'm writing this, the second day of no TV is coming to an end. I feel really sorry for the bedridden folks here -- the TV is pretty much the only thing they have to keep them going. At 2:00 am, a man started screaming for a nurse. He'd woken up, saw the clock, and believed it was 2:00 pm and then assumed he'd missed breakfast and lunch.

"You didn't miss anything." the nurse said, "It's two in the morning."

"That can't be right! I haven't seen NCIS yet!"

This just proves it -- Spectrum TV is just a thinly-veiled attempt to cause suffering on Earth! (You're not foolin' me, Zoltar!)
I'm only half evil.

Offline ElectricWhite

• Science Ninja
  • Fennec Wrangler
Re: SPECTRUM IS EVIL!!!
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2017, 19:25:26 CDT »
It's Friday evening, and we finally have a TV signal! (And it only took almost 4 days to happen.) I'd heard that the home's Chief Administrator called the local Spectrum TV office and said that, if we didn't get a signal by this weekend, he'd get a few busses, load every resident on board, and head over to their place. (The local media would surely have a field day -- a couple hundred old folks on Spectrum's doorstep to protest the bad service...at the very least, the competition would LOVE it!)
I'm only half evil.

Offline msannomalley

• Podcast Hostess with the Mostest
  • Administrator
    • Crescent Coral Library
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2017, 13:23:15 CDT »
I used to have them when they were separate entities known as Charter and Time Warner. Both of them sucked. When I hear stories like this, I'm grateful that Midco is nothing like this. I've gotten nothing but good service from them. If they are ever bought out by Spectrum or Comcast or any of those big ginormous evil cable TV monopolies, I'm cancelling my service.
Witty saying goes here.

Offline Monringstar

• หวยออนไลน์
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2017, 21:21:45 CDT »
How do I do this?

Offline GrumpyGhostOwl

• Animal Behaviour Ninja
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2017, 22:42:58 CDT »
This just proves it -- Spectrum TV is just a thinly-veiled attempt to cause suffering on Earth! (You're not foolin' me, Zoltar!)

Given that Zark doesn't seem to be able to comprehend that nebulae is the plural of nebula (he keeps using the plural in the context of the singular, the silly tin toad), and that spectra is the plural of spectrum, I'd say the etymological evidence is strongly on your side, EW.

Now, who's going to be the one to volunteer to fake their own death by apparently crashing their plane into the ocean, abandon their family and undertake a deep cover mission with the evil cable tv provider for the next 14 years? Anyone?

No?

Okay, we're doomed.
Never trust an atom.
They make up everything.