Author Topic: Gatchamania's Back!!!!!  (Read 1720 times)

Offline GrumpyGhostOwl

• Animal Behaviour Ninja
Re: Gatchamania's Back!!!!!
« Reply #30 on: December 27, 2017, 18:10:18 CST »
Gatchaman and the Adventure of the Epileptic Trees

"What is this place?" Jinpei asked.

"I don't know," Ken said as the Science Ninja team made their way down a dark alleyway, "but this is where the signal's coming from. Doctor Nambu must be around here somewhere!"

"What is this place?" Keyop asked.

"I don't know," Mark said as the G-Force team made their way down a dark alleyway, "but this is where the signal's coming from. Chief Anderson must be around here somewhere."

"What is this place?" Jinpei asked.

"It's where I can meet up with a few friends," Ken said as the two Science Ninjas made their way down a dark alleyway. "You're under-age so they might not let you in, but that's what you get for following me here!"

"WHO THE HELL ARE YOU?" asked twelve voices as they reached a shadowy doorway.

"We're G-Force," Mark said. "Identify yourselves!"

"We're the Science Ninja team!" Ken declared. "Prepare to defend yourselves, imposters!"

The tall young man with the designer stubble, spiky grey hair and a blue jacket spoke up. "I'm Ken Washio, G-1. This is Jinpei, G-4. We're also from the Science Ninja team, and I think I know what's going on here."

Princess and Jun stared, eyes wide, and both began fanning themselves with one hand. Their reaction was not lost on either of the other Eagles, who glared at the third G-1, who didn't look anything like them.

"Explain," Mark said.

"Are any of you familiar with the many worlds theory of quantum mechanics?" Ken asked.

"Of course," Princess said with a smile. Mark gave his team-mate a sharp glance. Her voice was pitched somewhat lower than usual. Princess walked forward. "It's a theory that suggests there are mutliple universes in existence, any or all of which could be similar, or completely different to the one we know. Another - although admittedly very loose - way of describing the concept is 'parallel universes,' or 'alternate universes.' Is that what you're saying this is... Ken?"

"Sort of. There are multiple worlds - or universes - as you say, Miss, uh..."

"Call me Princess," Princess said with a winsome smile, ignoring the furious glower being directed at her by Jun.

"Well, Princess," Ken said, "this is a bubble reality that exists between universes. I'm here to meet up with some friends from other realities. I see that you're all in uniform. Are you on a mission? Do you need help?"

Ken stepped forward and glared at his counterpart. "Doctor Nambu is missing! We remotely activated his emergency transponder and traced the signal here."

Mark also spoke up. "Security Chief Anderson disappeared from his office this morning. We remotely activated his emergency beacon and... yeah. We traced the signal here."

The blue-jacketed Ken smiled. "They're probably in the bar. Look, you're all going to stand out a little if you go in dressed like that. Why don't you transform back to civlian mode and we'll go in?"

The KNT and G-Force exchanged glances, shrugged, and transformed.

"Oh, man," Ken said, "that's just... Never mind."

:"Says the man who forgot to shave this morning," Ken sniped.

The bouncer was dubious about the three youngsters being allowed in the bar, but the odd-Ken-out vouched for them and promised to supervise the boys.

The bar itself was a spacious room that seemed to stretch out into mind-bending distances that drew the eye and confused the brain.

A group of young men stood up and waved as they saw Ken and his party.

"Okay, Ken said.  These are, Takeshi Yoroi, Joji Minami and Tetsuya Azuma. Guys, these are Ken, Joe, Jun, Jinpei and Ryu, Mark, Princess... uh...."

Mark took over: "Jason, Keyop and Tiny."

The bespectacled youth looked the newcomers up and down, then held out his left arm. A holographic screen appeared above his hand and he consulted the readout. "This is fascinating!" he declared. "These people appear to be from other universes that are parallel to Ken's world. We've never encountered anything like this in our travels!"

"We should find a bigger table," the long-haired man with the camouflage jacket said. "C'mon, little dude."

When a blue robot dog slunk out from under the table, Jinpei, Jinpei and Keyop exclaimed with delight and pounced. "PUPPY!" they cried.

The dog gave a startled yip and then went limp as his tummy was rubbed.

"Uh," the blonde boy said, "that's Friender... he seems to like  you."

"Look," Mark said, "this is real nice and all, but we're here to find a couple of missing scientists."

"Exactly," Ken agreed, folding his arms.

Princess and Jun scowled at their leaders.

Joe and Jason were stalking among the tables, consulting their bracelets.

"In here!" Jason called, pointing to a door.

"What the hell happened to your voice?" Joe demanded.

"How many packs a day happened to yours?" Jason retorted.

The two teams - minus Keyop and Jinpei, who were still playing with the dog - approached the door. Mark and Ken both made to fling it open, collided with one another and exchanged glares. They began jostling for position, but then Princess and Jun each grabbed an eagle by the elbow, hauled them aside and opened the door.

"Hakase?"

"Chief?"

At a round table in the private room, two identical men in grey suits were working at laptop computers and chuckling.

"What the hell is going on here?" Mark demanded.

"What he said," Ken said.

The two mentors looked up guiltily.

"Ah," said Anderson.

"Well," said Nambu.

"Are you okay?" Princess asked.

"We're fine," Anderson said.

"We were just..." Nambu hedged, "er... well..."

"We're planting epileptic trees," Anderson said.

"You're what?" Joe asked, folding his arms.

"There's this website," Nambu explained, "where people, um... they like to uh... follow the exploits of the Science Ninja Team, and we were, sort of..."

"Messing with it," Anderson concluded.

"How do trees suffer from epilepsy?" Ken wanted to know.

"Figure of speech," Anderson said. "It's well known that a lot of fans like to propose needlessly complex explanations for observed phenomena. For example, you see trees shaking, you might think it's windy, but someone else might suggest that the trees are  having a seizure. Hence, epileptic trees."

"We're taking the website off line and then bringing it back on again periodically," Nambu said. "The fans think it's Galactor."

"Or Spectra," Anderson added.

"You guys," Mark said. "You both need to get back to work."

"Come on, Hakase," Ken sighed. "The GodPhoenix is waiting."

Back on a parallel Earth, gatchamania.net went off line again.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2017, 02:03:33 CST by GrumpyGhostOwl »
Never trust an atom.
They make up everything.

Offline KT1972

• Science Ninja
  • 100% Condor Girl
« Reply #31 on: December 28, 2017, 02:22:45 CST »
LOLOL, that's certainly one explanation for all the site's issues.....

And it's good to see the ITF heros featured in a fic too. 
Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not; remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for. - Epicurus

Offline ElectricWhite

• Science Ninja
  • Fennec Wrangler
« Reply #32 on: December 28, 2017, 07:03:45 CST »
Yeah, what KT said!
I'm only half evil.

Offline Daniella T

« Reply #33 on: December 28, 2017, 10:12:04 CST »
Hey guys, have the GGE gifts have been posted anywhere?
They were in the wrong place at the wrong time. Naturally they became heroes -- Princess Leia Organa of Alderaan.

Offline KT1972

• Science Ninja
  • 100% Condor Girl
« Reply #34 on: December 28, 2017, 10:30:24 CST »
I don't think so. Ame posted on the GGE Facebook page that it would be after Christmas, (I assume she meant the New Year now)
Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not; remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for. - Epicurus

Offline Daniella T

« Reply #35 on: December 28, 2017, 15:11:28 CST »
Talk about timing :) As soon as I read your reply, I saw that Ame had posted about the GGE.
They were in the wrong place at the wrong time. Naturally they became heroes -- Princess Leia Organa of Alderaan.

Offline Adriana

« Reply #36 on: December 28, 2017, 15:34:11 CST »
Wiiii.....the gifts are coming! Can't wait to read all of them (especially mine jeje)

Thank you Ame!