Author Topic: The pitter-patter of tiny paws  (Read 447 times)

Offline GrumpyGhostOwl

• Animal Behaviour Ninja
The pitter-patter of tiny paws
« on: January 05, 2018, 04:58:10 CST »
I'm adopting a rescue puppy :D  The rescue organisation dubbed her "Venus," which is a brand of disposable razor. I'm calling her Skye. She's a purebred Australian Kelpie, and she'll be a friend and lackey for my 10-year-old Border Collie x Kelpie girl, who will enjoy having a pup to boss around.

She's currently with a foster carer in Port Macquarie and will soon make the trip over to the far south-west of the continent. Apparently she hasn't been housetrained, having spent her life thus far outdoors on a farm, so that will be the first order of business, but she's a Kelpie. They catch on to things really quickly.

My brother rather uncharitably suggested Aricebo as a name, since her ears are somewhat reminiscent of radar dishes, but I pointed out that neither of his two rescue Kelpies are named Aricebo,  so we'll save that name for the next dog he adopts.
Never trust an atom.
They make up everything.

Offline KT1972

• Science Ninja
  • 100% Condor Girl
Re: The pitter-patter of tiny paws
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2018, 05:34:51 CST »
She looks adorable, GGO. I'm sure she'll make a wonderful addition to your household :)
Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not; remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for. - Epicurus

Offline ElectricWhite

• Science Ninja
  • Fennec Wrangler
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2018, 06:07:13 CST »
I'll repeat what I said at Gatchamania: *Squeeeee!*
I'm only half evil.

Offline cwwriter

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2018, 19:14:40 CST »
Lookit those ears!!!

Offline GrumpyGhostOwl

• Animal Behaviour Ninja
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2018, 06:31:40 CST »
Skye is settling in. In the photo she's getting to know her new big sister, a 10 year old Border Collie x Kelpie named Sunka (pronounced "Shoon-ka," with a short "oo" sound as in "look" or "cook." It means 'dog' in Lakota.)
Never trust an atom.
They make up everything.

Offline KT1972

• Science Ninja
  • 100% Condor Girl
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2018, 06:42:01 CST »
How adorable are they! I am sure they will be best of friends in no time.
Do not spoil what you have by desiring what you have not; remember that what you now have was once among the things you only hoped for. - Epicurus