Author Topic: Venting my frustration  (Read 121 times)

Offline katblu42

Venting my frustration
« on: January 24, 2018, 08:04:01 CST »
 >:(
Grrrr!  Stupid email provider.  Grrrr! 

About a week ago my main personal email account suddenly stopped working.  I didn't think much of it at first - maybe the server was down.  Days went by.  I kept thinking I should call the customer service centre, but every time I thought about calling was outside their hours of operation.  Today I was able to leave work early enough that I decided to swing by one of their retail stores and ask what was going on. 
The oh-so-young staff there informed me that the company no longer supports that service and all customers were notified by email over the last 6 months . . . Aaahh, no.  No they weren't ALL informed.  I had no warning!  I can't access the emails stuck in the inbox.  I can't access contacts.  And no one can fix it!  It's just gone.
Now I have to try and inform everyone who would normally contact me on that email address of my new address without being able to transfer contacts across.  I have to try and remember the countless websites, newsletters, organisations and what not that I now have to change my contact details with.

And to top it all off, changing my email address at Gatchamania has caused me to be kicked out until my new email can be verified by admin.

So frustrating!!!

Offline ElectricWhite

• Science Ninja
  • Fennec Wrangler
Re: Venting my frustration
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2018, 08:26:32 CST »
It's a shame you can't go Condor on their rumps!
I'm only half evil.

Offline GrumpyGhostOwl

• Animal Behaviour Ninja
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2018, 15:40:37 CST »
Well, crap. That's a major bummer. Nice of them to let you know... not. Can I e-mail Cep for you, or do you have that covered already? EDIT: Got your e-mail. I've e-mailed you with Cep's e-mail address.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2018, 16:09:22 CST by GrumpyGhostOwl »
Never trust an atom.
They make up everything.

Offline Ebonyswanne

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2018, 15:56:04 CST »
I had a similar issue with my old email with Gatchamania. Cep kept forgetting to change it. Took him almost a year to get it. Arrggh... so send him a direct email to change it to a new one. Hopefully he's more onto those things now.
Learn  the rules like a pro, and break them like an artist- Picasso

Offline GrumpyGhostOwl

• Animal Behaviour Ninja
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2018, 16:07:55 CST »
He's been pretty good about it. The same thing happened to me when I first joined and he had it sorted within 48 hours.
Never trust an atom.
They make up everything.

Offline ElectricWhite

• Science Ninja
  • Fennec Wrangler
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2018, 16:54:24 CST »
If you still have a problem after a couple of days, let me know. (I seem to have a bit of a knack when it comes to getting Cep on the ball...)
I'm only half evil.

Offline katblu42

« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2018, 20:42:01 CST »
Thanks everyone.

I'm all fixed up at Gatchamania again now.

EW  As much as I would have liked to "go all Condor on their rumps", I need to find the right people first.  Customer service reps and sales people don't deserve that, so I tried not to be angry with them, but they certainly knew I wasn't happy and that I needed to be angry at them (or near them!).